From The New World
Updated: Jan 19
Date - 15 April 2023 2:30 - 4:35
Coventry Central Hall, Warwick Lane, Coventry CV1 2HA
Amy Beach – Mass in E flat and Dvorak - Sypmhony No. 9 'From the New World'.
Here is some background on Amy Beach
For Rehearsal Dates scroll to the bottom of this page.
AUDIO FILES FOR ORCHESTRA AND ALL SINGERS Link: Mass in E Flat - audio files
We have supplied these audio files of the Mass so that you can hear the sound of the whole piece. The link takes you to the nine separate movements, singers and orchestra.
CHORAL REHEARSAL FILES
When you click on this link, it will show you the four SATB collections. Click on your voice- link, and you will find arrows, each of which takes you to one of the files. A click will open that file for you, and your system will automatically use whatever its player is.
NOTE: If you cannot open your files, contact me, (email@example.com) and I will try to help.
These video files show the four staves of the SATB group itself and when you start playing, the video will play the music, and move the score along to match the sound. The score in the file does not include the soloists or the instrumentalists. The sound of the full orchestra and singers, however, is always there in the background
Playing the files
These video files are .mp4 files, which should open easily on your systems. You can play the files directly from the link or download them to play locally on your own device.
NOTES ON THE FILES
1. There are no choral files for section 3 (Laudamus Te), which is solo only. In two movements Qui Tollis (pt 4) and Benedictus (Pt 8), the choir only sings some of the time. In the Benedictus, the choir only sings six bars right at the end.
2. The choral file for Sanctus begins at bar 45, and similarly in the Agnus Dei it begins at bar 53.
3. The choral line is sung in unison in several movements, so be aware of that
4. In each file, the dynamics are set to foreground the particular voice, put others in the background and dim the orchestral sounds. When choir and soloists both perform, solo voices are dimmed, but not as much as the orchestra.
5. Generally, you will hear a click sound, to support you.
6. Your player should have controls at the bottom. In most players there will be a band, with a nodule showing where the current mark is. If you want to run the score backwards or forwards, use your mouse and place the marker on that point and then drag it forward or backward.
7. You will have your own sound controls so you’ll be able to make it louder or softer.
Rehearsal Dates for Chorus and Orchestra
1: Introductory Session
(1) Launch of Amy Beach
(2) The Future of Spires
Saturday 21 January 9:30am-12:00pm URC Baginton Rd Chorus & Accompanist
2: Wednesday 8 February 7:15-9:45pm URC Baginton Rd Chorus & Accompanist
3: Wednesday 15 February 7:15-9:45pm URC Baginton Rd Chorus & Accompanist
4: Wednesday 22 February 7:15-9:45pm URC Baginton Rd Chorus & Accompanist
5: Wednesday 1 March 7:15-9:45pm URC Baginton Rd Chorus & Accompanist
6: Wednesday 8 March 7:15-9:45pm URC Baginton Rd Chorus & Accompanist
7: Wednesday 15 March 7:15-9:45pm URC Baginton Rd Chorus & Accompanist
8: Wednesday 22 March 7:15-9:45pm URC Baginton Rd Chorus & Accompanist
9: Wednesday 29 March 7:15-9:45pm URC Baginton Rd Chorus & Accompanist
10: Wednesday 5 April 7:45-9:45pm URC Baginton Rd Chorus & Accompanist
1: Thursday 23 March 7:00-10:00pm URC Baginton Rd Strings Only
2: Thursday 30 March 7:00-10:00pm URC Baginton Rd Orchestra Tutti
3: Thursday 6 April 7:30-10:00pm URC Baginton Rd Orchestra Tutti
VENUE LARGE HALL
4: Thursday 13 April 7:00-10:00pm URC Baginton Rd Orchestra Tutti
Chorus & Orchestra
1: FULL REHEARSAL
Wednesday 12 April 7:00pm-9:45pm URC Baginton Rd Orchestra Tutti & Chorus
2: FULL REHEARSAL
Saturday 15 April 10:00am-1:00pm Coventry Central Hall Orchestra Tutti, Chorus & Soloists
Saturday 15 April 2:30pm-4:40pm Coventry Central Hall Orchestra Tutti, Chorus & Soloists